‘Mining for Christ’
Mining often happens in remote locations requiring long stints away from home. It’s easy to get disconnected and isolated.
Out of the Pit connects you with Christian community so you don’t need to be alone. Sign-on and find a friend online. We’ll do our best to pray for you, keep you connected and encouraged.
If you are a church pastor, a chaplain, a ministry organisation, or a keen individual looking for ministry opportunities in the mining industry, our network will help connect you and open doors.
We have a small team who help to direct and administer the network. We are setup as a not-for-profit organisation in the state of NSW.
Statement of Faith
It’s good to know the faith and beliefs that drive us. We are non-denominational and hold to the basic tenets of the Christian faith:
- That the original Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are God’s Word to us, and we accept them as the full and final authority for faith and life.
- That there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In God our Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- That we are all inherently sinful and need to be saved from God’s judgement.
- In the full deity and manhood of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the Cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal imminent return in power and glory.
- That salvation is a free gift of God entirely apart from works and is possessed by all of us who have, by faith, received the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal saviour.
- In the sanctifying ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives in us who believe, allowing us to live a godly life and to overcome the attacks of the Devil.
- In the bodily resurrection of all mankind, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of those who reject the offer of salvation.
- In the spiritual unity of all of us who believe as the universal church of our Lord Jesus Christ.
While other matters of life and doctrine are important, these are best worked out at a denominational or church level in faithfulness to Christ and his people.